Instrumentation & Control Engineering
Instrumentation and Control has grown into a pioneer sector for research in instrumentation in India. The department encourages strong links with the industries. The department is supporting projects from industries to be undertaken by students. The laboratory facilities available are as under:
- Pneumatic & Hydraulic Instrumentation lab
- Process control lab
- Control system lab
- Biomedical lab
- Measurement lab
A low cost Automation Center is being developed in the Department. Pneumatic & Hydraulic Instrumentation Lab. has been developed by Fests India Ltd. Major facilities available in Biomedical Lab. are ECG machine, training kit of EEG and EMG, and Biofeedback. Various Events have been organized including visits by industrial experts, technical events etc.
In addition to classroom teaching for the overall development of the students and hands-on experience, a Diffusion Club has been created where innovative activities are planned and executed. Flow of such activities is as follows:
1. Exposure to software design simulation of electronic circuits using soft wares such as ORCAD, PSPICE etc.
2. Design a development of electronic circuits such as power supplies electronic choke digital clock etc.
3. Design fabrication of printed circuit boards (PCB)
4. In-depth training on development of Microcontroller-based systems
5. Computer assembling, repairing, networking etc. 6. Training in Embedded Systems design
Some of the innovative projects developed by the students are:
- Automated bottling plant
- Robotic arm
- Smart home of home appliances through DTMT switching
- Path-following Robot
- Speech Recognition Robot
- Moving message display
- Microcontroller-based data acquisition system
- Robotic Human hand, etc.