Dr. Ritika Chauhan
Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Engineering
Office Phone: (011) 25258637, 25278443 Extn.: 301
- Ph.D. in Chemistry from University of Delhi in 2014.
- M.Sc.in Organic Chemistry from University of Delhi in 2009.
- B.Sc.(Hons) in Chemistry from Miranda House, University of Delhi in 2007.
Area of Specialization:
- Synthetic Organic Chemistry
- Green Chemistry
- Teaching: 5 years
- Research: 4 years
- Applied Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Environmental Studies
Papers Published: 14
- T. Kumari*, R. Chauhan, N. Sharma, K. Kaur, A. Krishnamurthy, P. Pandey, S. Aggarwal (2016), “Zinc Chloride as Acetamide based Deep Eutectic Solvent”, DU Journal of Undergraduate Research and Innovation, vol. 2(1), pp. 203-210.
- M. Kidwai*, R. Chauhan, S. Bhatnagar (2015), “Nafion-H®: A Versatile Catalyst for Organic Synthesis”, Current Organic Chemistry, vol. 19, pp. 72-98, IF – 2.537.
- M. Kidwai*, R. Chauhan, D. Bhatnagar (2016), “Nafion-H® catalyzed efficient condensation of indoles with aromatic aldehydes in PEG-water solvent system: a green approach”, Arabian Journal of Chemistry, vol. 9, S2004-S2010, IF – 2.684.
- M. Kidwai*, R. Chauhan (2014), “A rapid and an efficient route to the one-pot, multi-component synthesis of 1H-pyrazolo[1,2-b]phthalazine-5,10-dione ring systems”, Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry, vol. S1, pp.1689-1696, IF – 0.873.
- M. Kidwai*, R. Chauhan (2014), “K2CO3 catalyzed green and rapid access to 2-amino-3,5-dicarbonitrile-6-thio-pyridines”, Journal of Iranian Chemical Society, vol. 11, pp. 1005-1013, IF-1.406
- M. Kidwai*, R. Chauhan (2013), “Nafion-H® catalyzed efficient one-pot synthesis of triazolo[5,1-b]quinazolinones and triazolo[1,5-a]pyrimidines: A green strategy”, Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical, vol. 377, pp. 1-6, IF – 3.679.
- M. Kidwai*, R. Chauhan (2013), “Catalyst-free synthesis of Betti bases via Mannich-type reaction”, Asian Journal of Organic Chemistry, vol. 5(2), pp. 395-398, IF – 2.292.
- M. Kidwai*, D. Bhatnagar and R. Chauhan (2013), “Potassium carbonate-mediated green and efficient synthesis of imidazo[2,1-b]-1,3,4-thiadiazoles using PEG as solvent”, Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry, vol.50, pp. E234-E236, IF – 0.873.
- M. Kidwai *, R. Chauhan and D. Bhatnagar, “Amberlyst-15® in PEG: a novel catalytic system for the facile and efficient one-pot synthesis of benzothiazolo[2,3-b]quinazolinone derivative”, Science China Chemistry, 2012, 55(10), 2154-2160, IF – 1.516
- M. Kidwai *, R. Chauhan and A. Jahan, “Efficient CAN catalyzed synthesis of 1H-indazolo[1,2-b]phthalazine-triones : An eco-friendly protocol”, Chinese Science Bulletin, 2012, 57(18), 2273-2279, IF – 1.365
- M. Kidwai*, R. Chauhan (2012), “Sulfamic acid: an efficient, cost-effective and recyclable catalyst for the synthesis of triazole[1,2-a]indazole-trione derivatives”, RSC Advances, vol.20(2), pp. 7660-7665, IF – 3.708.
- M. Kidwai*, A. Jahan, R. Chauhan and N.K. Mishra (2012), “ Dodecylphosphonic Acid (DPA): A highly efficient catalyst for the synthesis of 2H-indazolo[2,1-b]phthalazine-triones under solvent-free conditions”, Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 53, pp. 1728-1731, IF – 2.295.
- M. Kidwai*, R. Chauhan, D. Bhatnagar, A.K. singh, B. Mishra and S. Dey (2012), “Nafion-H® catalyzed synthesis of polyhydroquinolines via the Hantzsch multi-component reaction”, Monatshefte fur Chemie, vol. 143, pp. 1675-1680, IF – 1.347.
- M. Kidwai*, R. Chauhan, D. Bhatnagar (2011), “Eco-friendly synthesis of 2-aminothiazoles using Nafion-H® as a recyclable catalyst in PEG-water solvent system”, Journal of Sulfur Chemistry, vol. 32, pp. 37-44, IF-0.822.
- International conference on “Advanced materials” organized by Centre for Nanoscienceand Nanotechnology, Jamia Milia Islamia, on 6-7th March 2019
- Symposium on “Empowering women in Chemistry: A Global networking event”, organized by Miranda House, University of Delhi, on 12th February 2019
- International Conference on “Renewable Energy Potential for Sustainable Initiatives” organized by Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Engineering, New Delhi, in February 2018.
- Poster presentation in the International conference on “Interface between Chemistry and Environment” organized by Department of Chemistry, Ramjas College, University of Delhi, in December 2012.
- Poster presentation in the International workshop on “Chemistry for a Sustainable Future” jointly organized by Department of Chemistry, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur & Malviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur in collaboration with Green Chemistry Network Centre, Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi, in December 2012.
- Poster presentation in the International Conference and Humboldt Kolleg on “Recent Aspects of Organic/Organometallic Compounds and their Usefuleness in Materials and Industries” organized by, Department of Chemistry, University of Lucknow, India and Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany in January 2012.
- T3D-2010 International Symposium on “Trends in Drug Discovery and Development” held in Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi in January 2010.
- One week short term course on “MOOCs, E-content development and Open educational resources” organized by CPDHE, University of Delhi from 12th to 18th July 2019.
- One week Short Term Course on Solar Wind & Non- Conventional Sources of Energy through ICT at Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Engineering, New Delhi during March 11-15, 2019.
- Faculty Development Programme on “Environment Sustainability and Higher Education” organized by Dyal Singh College, University of Delhi In Association with TERI School of Advanced Studies, New Delhi, from 4th to 11th June 2018.
- Faculty Development Programme on “Cyber Crime and Security” organized by Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Engineering In Association with International College for Security Studies, New Delhi, in December 2017.
- National Seminar on “e-Learning and MOOCs in Higher Education” organized by SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, in March 2017.
- National Conference on “Combating Industrial Pollution For Sustainable Environment – A Fusion Of Industrial and Scientific Efforts” organized by Gargi College, University of Delhi in September 2016.
- Workshop on “Information Literacy and Competency” organized by Delhi University Library System, University of Delhi in January 2013.
- Author Workshop on “How to write for and Get published in Scientific Journals and Publish Manuscripts” organized by Springer in collaboration with Delhi University Library System, University of Delhi in August 2012.
- Training workshop on “Green Chemistry: Chemistry for Tomorrow’s World” organized by, Green Chemistry Network Centre, Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi in December 2011.
- Workshop on “Information Literacy and Competency” organized by Delhi University Library System, University of Delhi in March 2011.
- 6th Indo-Italian Workshop on “Green Chemistry and Natural Products” held in Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi in November 2010.
- 6th Indo-Italian Workshop on “Chemistry and Biology of Antioxidants” held in Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi in December 2009.
- National Conference on Chemistry, held at St. Stephen’s College, University of Delhi on August 2008 on “Structure, Reaction Dynamics, & Spectroscopy”.
- Qualified National Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET-LS) conducted by CSIR-UGC in June 2009
- UGC Non-NET Research Fellowship awarded by UGC
- Jeans and Ashit Ganguly Education Scholarship (2008-09) by Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi for good academic performance in M.Sc. Chemistry.
- Undergraduate and Post-Graduate Book Grants by the University of Delhi during B.Sc and M.Sc.
- Member of the WEBSITE Maintenance committee since September 2017 till date.
- Time table committee member of Applied Science Department, BVCOE since July 2018.
- Member of the Research and Development committee of the college.
- ISO committee member of the Applied Science department.