ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CELL
Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) is to motivate the students and make them as a best Entrepreneur by conducting entrepreneurship awareness among students, self – employment awareness, motivates students to make their own career path and create awareness of self – financing schemes offered by various agencies.
Entrepreneurship Development Cell regularly conducts many activities to improve the student knowledge in recent trends such as to
- Organize entrepreneurship webinars for science and technological students.
- Conduct ED programmes and events for students and faculty members.
- Arrange lectures of eminent resource persons from MSME, DST and successful entrepreneurs.
- Provide training & retraining of entrepreneurs through variety of programmes.
- Arrange industrial visits.
- Help the students in preparing and writing business plans, project proposals and project reports.
Objective: Entrepreneurship Development Cell was founded in 2013 with a view to encouraging students of BVCOE to explore self-employment as a career option. EDC also provides training in Entrepreneurship through modular courses. It is committed to entrepreneurship education, training, and research. EDC strives to provide innovative training techniques, competent faculty support, consultancy, and quality teaching & training material. The mission of the EDC is to promote Entrepreneurship, help students attain Start-up success, find the right mentoring from Industry, and train them to approach Investors. “Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you.”
Annual Goals of Student’s Chapter:
- To create a mind-set among the students to be job creators. To provide the knowledge about how to run a business.
- Make students believe that they can become financially independent at a young age.
- Emphasis on Personality Development.
- Enhancing technical skills.
- Providing financial knowledge.
- Enhancing analytical, interpersonal, decision making and creative skills.
EDC TechFi focuses on providing financial literacy among students. TechFi’s view is to aware students of the commendable combination of technology and finance and its scope in the upcoming years. With a concept of “Grow Money from Money”, TechFi has hosted many events on investment strategies for students as well as corporate employees, stock market, mutual funds and many more.