- Instrumentation & Control Engineering department is organising a Faculty Development Programme in “A Deep Dive in the field of Automation: ML -IOT” from 8th July to 12th July 2021 in association with R&D Cell, BVCOE, Delhi.
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering Department has organised a five days Faculty Development Programme on “A deep dive in the field of cyber security using machine learning” on 2nd to 6th April 2021.
- A webinar was organised “Introduction to the world of Drones” dated 20 March 2021.
- A webinar was organised ” Choosing the right path after college” dated 21 March 2021.
- A webinar was organised “How to grab-On campus Placements” dated 13th March 2021.
- A webinar was organised “Future & Scope of Instrumentation” dated 7th March 2021.
- A webinar was organised ” A deep dive into the social aspects of IOT :Social IOT” dated 6th march 2021 in association with R& D Cell,BVCOE,Delhi.
- One Week Faculty Development Program on “ICT Based FDP on MATLAB and LABVIEW interfacing with its Hardware” organized by ICE Department of BVCOE, New Delhi in association with NITTTR,2019.
- BVEST 2018 Annual Technical Fest of BVCOE, New Delhi organized by ICE Dept.
- Week Faculty Development Program on “Engineering Applications of Machine Learning” organized by ICE Department of BVCOE, New Delhi from 23rd July 2018 to 27th July 2018.
The Department of Instrumentation and Control Engineering was established in the year 2002. The department has a team of well qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty to impart fundamental and applied knowledge in the field of Industrial Automation, Process Systems Engineering, Instrumentation Systems Engineering and Biomedical Instrumentation. The department is well-equipped with laboratories and computing facilities with the latest technology. The department has ISA (International Society of Automation) student section to nurture technical and organizational skills among students. The department focuses on preparing the students to meet global industrial challenges. The students passing out are having wide scope to get career opportunities in various industries in the instrumentation sector, process control, industrial automation sector, and other sectors of the economy as well as research opportunities in highly ranked institutes and universities at the national and international level.
To impart quality technical education in Instrumentation and Control Engineering field to make the student globally competent and capable to handle the real world challenges through modern teaching learning process.
M1(Core competence): To impart technical knowledge in core areas related to process industry, health sector and allied industries for the welfare of the society.
M2(Quality Education): To develop a competent Instrumentation engineer with high technical skills, high professional ethics and human values.
M3(Social responsibility): To inculcate entrepreneurial attitude, leadership qualities, lifelong learning enthusiasm and social commitment amongst the students.
M4(Advanced learning): To establish a unique learning environment to enable the students to excel in automation and in all advance technologies for their successful career in industry and higher education.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) of the Department
PEO1(Technical Skills): Graduates will have the necessary knowledge, skill and aptitude for successful career in Instrumentation and Control Engineering and related industries and to pursue higher education at national and international level.
PEO2 (Professional Skills): Graduates will have professional attitude, research aptitude, technical and communication skills and interpersonal skills to work in a team with a sense of ethics and moral responsibility for achieving goal.
PEO3 (Ethical values): Graduates will have the capability to become entrepreneurs, collaborators and innovators in efforts to address the social, technical and business challenges with sensitivity towards the environment and society.
FROM THE DESK OF HOD
There is hardly any area of Engineering, Science and Technology where Instrumentation and control in one form or the other is not needed. This rather young division offers many courses in Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering also apart from a variety of courses from Instrumentation Technology, modern control theory, Biomedical Instrumentation, Robotics, Industrial Electronics, Computer Controlled Instrumentation, Artificial Intelligence etc. Students do intensive use of microprocessors and Computers to understand the hardware and software aspect of Intelligent Instrumentation. Instrumentation and Control Engineering department of Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Engineering , is committed to develop instrumentation professionals with a progressive attitude and the most updated skill-sets to match the academic and industry needs.
Dr. Arvind Rehalia
HOD & Associate Professor