Constitution of IQAC
IQAC may be constituted in every institution under the Chairmanship of the Head of the institution and a few teachers and a few distinguished educationists and representatives of local management and stakeholders.
The composition of the IQAC may be as follows:
- Chairperson: Head of the Institution
- Teachers to represent
- One member from the Management
- Few Senior administrative officers
- One nominee from local society, Students and Alumni
- One nominee from Employers /Industrialists/Stakeholders
- One of the senior teachers as the coordinator/Director of the IQAC
The composition of the IQAC will depend on the size and complexity of the institution, accordingly the representation of teachers may vary. It helps the institutions in planning and monitoring.
- The membership of such nominated members shall be for a period of two years.
- The IQAC should meet at least once in a year.
- The quorum for the meeting shall be two-third of the total number of members.
- The agenda, minutes and Action Taken Reports are to be documented with official signatures and maintained electronically in a retrievable format.
- It is necessary for the members of the IQAC to shoulder the responsibilities of generating and promoting awareness in the institution and to devote time for working out the procedural details.