Digital Signal Processing (DSP) is concerned with the representation of signals as a sequence of numbers and the operations carried out on the signals to extract specific information contained in them.
The objective of the laboratory is to enable the students simulate and experiment with digital signals and systems and apply the theory they have studied in DSP courses. Students can implement digital signal processing algorithms using different computational platforms and DSP tools. They can critically analyze the behaviour of their implementation, and observe the specific limitations inherent to the computational platform and tools.
The DSP Lab is based on MATLAB Software which is used for identifying and describing discrete and digital signals & systems. This lab also helps us to analyze how digital signals are different from analog counterparts.
MATLAB (MATrix LABoratory): MATLAB is a software package for high-performance language for technical computing. It integrates computation, visualization, and programming in an easy-to-use environment where problems and solutions are expressed in familiar mathematical notation.
MATLAB features a family of add-on application-specific solutions called toolboxes. MATLAB toolboxes allow learning and applying specialized technology. Toolboxes are comprehensive collections of MATLAB functions (M-files) that extend the MATLAB environment to solve particular classes of problems. Areas in which toolboxes are available include Image processing, signal processing, control systems, neural networks, fuzzy logic, wavelets, simulation, and many others.
The main features of MATLAB
- Advance algorithm for high performance numerical computation, especially in the matrix algebra.
- A large collection of predefined mathematical functions and the ability to define one’s own functions.
- Two-and three dimensional graphics for plotting and displaying data
- A complete online help system.
- Powerful, matrix or vector oriented high level programming language for individual applications.
- Toolboxes available for solving advanced problems in several application areas
- 16 Computer System
Software/Tools specification: Software-MATLAB 2022 (Licensed)