Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Engineering
QUALIFICATION : Ph.D. (Pursuing), M.Tech. B.Tech.
AREA OF SPECIALISATION: Power System Engineering
WORK EXPERIENCE: 9+ Years
1. Electrical Technology
2. Electronic Devices
3. Analog Electronics – I
4. Analog Electronics – II
5. Renewable Energy Resources
6. Power System Operation and Control
International Conference/Journal/Book Chapter/National Conference – 32
- Rachna Pathak, Arnav Wadhwa, Poras Khetarpal, Neeraj Kumar “Comparative investigation of regression methods for wind power forecasting” IETE Journal of Research 2021, ISSN: 0974-780X, DOI: 10.1080/03772063.2020.1869591(SCI E)
- Neeraj Kumar, M.M. Tripathi “Investigation on effect of solar energy generation on electricity price forecasting” Journal of Intelligence and Fuzzy System 2021, ISSN 1875-8967, DOI:3233/JIFS-189781 (SCI E).
- Kumar, N., Tripathi, M.M. Design of a Novel Solar Energy Market Model for Indian Scenario. J. Electr. Eng. Technol.(2021), ISSN 2093-7423 https://doi.org/10.1007/s42835-021-00802-9 (SCI E)
- Neeraj Kumar, Sumit Mishra, Tanmay Baweja, Ashutosh Dubey, Abhishek Dhiman “ Time series forecasting for electricity consumption using ML and DL algorithms” in LNEE Volume, power electronics and high voltage in smart grid, 2021 (accepted)
- Neeraj Kumar, Apoorva Jain, Shalini Shati, Kushagra Kapoor, Pratham Grag “A comparison of machine learning algorithms for short term load forecasting” in LEE volume, Power Electronics and high voltage in smart grid, 2021 (accepted)
- Akash Sharma, Neeraj Kumar, Ayush Kumar, Karan Dikshit, Kusum Tharani, Bharat Singh “Comparative investigation of machine learning algorithm for detection of epileptic seizures” Intelligent decision Technologies: An International Journal, 2021, Vol 15, issue 2, pp 269 – 279, DOI: 3233/IDT-200091
- Neeraj Kumar, M.M.Tripathi “ Solar Power Trading Models for Restructured Electricity Market in India” Asian Journal of Water, Environment and Pollution (AJWEP),IOS Press 2020, Vol. 17, Issue 2, pp 49 -54, DOI : 3233/AJW20002.
- Akash Sharma, Neeraj Kumar, Ayush Kumar, Karan Dikshit, Aditya Chaudhary, Bharat Singh “Comparative Investigation of Machine Learning Algorithms for Wind Power Forecasting” Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering (Accepted), Springer 2020.
- Neeraj Kumar, M.M. Tripathi “Impact analysis of wind energy on electricity price using Deep Neural Network” 2021 8th international conference on computing for sustainable global development, Indiacom-2021, Delhi, Electronic ISBN:978-93-80544-43-4 DOI: 1109/INDIACom51348.2021.00026. Added to IEEE Xplore: 03 June 2021.
- Sudha, Neeraj Kumar, Poras Khetarpal “GA-ANN Hybrid approach for load forecasting” Journal of Statistics and Management System (JSMS), Taylor and Francis 2020 Volume 23(1), pp 135 – 144. DOI doi.org/10.1080/09720510.2020.1714155
- Kusum Tharani, Neeraj Kumar, Vishal Srivastava, Sakshi Mishra & M.Pratyush Jayachnadran “Machine learning models for renewable energy forecasting” Journal of Statistics and Management System (JSMS), Taylor and Francis 2020, Volume 23(1), pp 171 – 180. DOI https://doi.org/10.1080/09720510.2020.1721636
- Aditya Choudhary, Akash Sharma, Ayush Kumar, Karan Dikshit, Neeraj Kumar “Short term wind power forecasting using machine learning techniques” Journal of Statistics and Management system(JSMS), Taylor and Francis 2020, Volume 23(1), pp 145 – 156. DOI https://doi.org/10.1080/09720510.2020.1721632
- Kushank Singh, Karan Tyagi, Rohit Raman, Ashutosh Negi, Neeraj Kumar “Smart Braking System in Electric Vehicle” International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, Volume 10, Issue 5, May 2020, ISSN 2250 – 2459.DOI: https://ijetae.com/files/Volume10Issue5/IJETAE_0520_03.pdf
- Mohit singh Dhaka, Poras Khetarpal, Neeraj Kumar “Support Vector Machine based sub classification of arrhythmia using ECG signal” in proceeding of 1st Elsevier International Conference on Advances in Electronics, Electrical and computational intelligence (ICAEEC 2019). DOI: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3577658
- Poras Khetarpal,, K. Sudha, Neeraj Kumar, Ruchi Sharma and Akarsh Sood “ LabVIEW based Application Software for GPS Radiosonde System” Journal of Information and Optimization Sciences(JIOS), 2019 Taylor and Francis volume 40 (3) 413 – 426,2019: 413 – 426 . DOI: 10.1080/02522667.2019.1580882.
- Neeraj Kumar, Nikita Rai, Aditi Singh, Nihal Chauhan “Investigation on short term wind power forecasting using ANN and ANN – PSO” Applications of Computing, Automation and Wireless Systems in Electrical Engineering , 2019 Volume 553, pp 1103-1116, Springer (SCOPUS Indexed). DOI: 1007/978-981-13-6772-4_96
- Poras Khetarpal, Neeraj Kumar, Nikita Rai “Real Time Static Hand Gesture Recognition Using MATLAB” Applications of Computing, Automation and Wireless Systems in Electrical Engineering, 2019 Volume 553, pp 1149-1158, Springer DOI 1007/978-981-13-6772-4_100
- N; Budhiraja.S; Sharma.P; Hari.N; Sahi.D.,“An innovative technique of Electricity Generation and Washing Machine Application using Treadmill”2016 IEEE 1st International Conference on Power Electronics, Intelligent Control and Energy Systems (ICPEICES), Delhi, 2016, pp.1-5.doi: 10.1109/ICPEICES.2016.7853524 Electronic ISBN: 978-1-4673-8587-9.
- Neeraj Kumar, M. Tripathi “Evaluation of Effectiveness of ANN for feature selection based Electricity Price Forecasting” 2017 IEEE International Conference on Emerging Trends in Computing and Communication Technologies (ICETCCT), Dehradun doi:10.1109/ICETCCT.2017.8280298, Electronic ISBN: 978-1-5386-1147-0.
- Neeraj Kumar, Rajat Singh, Hemant Goel, Nitesh Sharma “ Implementation of Regression and ANN for Short Term Load Forecasting of SLDC, Delhi” 2017 IEEE 3rd International Conference on Nanotechnology for Instrumentation and Measurement workshop (NANOfIM), Greater Noida(Accepted)
- Poras Khetarpal, Abhijeet Bhardwaj, Neeraj Kumar “ Gesture Controlled On Screen Key Pad Locks using MATLAB” 2017 IEEE 3rd International Conference on Nanotechnology for Instrumentation and Measurement workshop (NANOfIM), Greater Noida(Accepted)
- Neeraj Kumar, Nikita Rai, Aditi singh, Poras Khetarpal “Comparative Assessment of ANN and ANFIS for Short Term Solar Power Forecasting” 2018 IEEE 5th International Conference on computing for Sustainable Global Development (INDIACOM) Delhi (Accepted)
- Neeraj Kumar, Aditi singh, Nikita Rai “Performance Exploration of ANN, ANFIS and SVR for Wind Power Forecasting” 2018 IEEE 5th International Conference on computing for Sustainable Global Development (INDIACOM) Delhi (Accepted)
- Nikita Rai, Aditi singh, Neeraj Kumar “Annotated Bibilography on Biomass Energy” In Research and Reviews: A Journal of Life Sciences.2018 Volume 8, Issue 3, 91 – 96pp. ISSN: 2249 – 8656(online), ISSN: 2348 – 9545 (Print).
- Neeraj Kumar, Vishal Kumar, Rajat Sharma, Akhil Khandelwal “A Tutorial Review on Energy Auditing” In Journal of Material and Environment Science ,UGC Approved, REPSI – 2018 (Accepted)
- Neeraj Kumar, Lovish Harjai, Sanya Gujral, Mansi Mohapatra “Energy Management of Microgrid: Review of State of the art” In Research and Review:A Journal of Physics. 2018 Volume 7, Issue 3: 66 – 72 pp. ISSN: 2278 – 2265 (online), ISSN: 2347 – 9573 (Print).
- Himanshu Kumar, Neeraj Kumar, Ali Ahmad Farhan, Poras Khetarpal “A survey and Evaluation of Enegy Audit at Sarjah, UAE” In Research and Reviews: Journal of physics, 2018 volume 8, Issue 1: 1-7 pp. ISSN:2278-2265(Online), ISSN:2347-9973(Print).
- Karan Tyagi, Aashutosh Negi, Neeraj Kumar, Kushank Singh, Rohit Raman “IOT Based Bidirectional Energy Metering with Auto-Bill Generation in Solar PV Systems” journal of Microelectronics and solid state devices 2020, Vol 7, Issue 1, pp 1-7. DOI: 37591/jomsd.v7i1.3978.
- Anuj Singh, Flansha Jain, Neeraj Kumar, Karan, Shreyanshu Kumar Jena “Smart Helmet for two wheelers” in Journal of Instrumentation technology and Innovation, Vol 10, Issue 1, pp 24-29, 2020, DoI: 37591/joiti.v10i1.3964.
- Neeraj kumar, Apoorva Jain, Shalini sati, Kushagra Kapoor, Pratham Grag “Prediction of Air Quality Index” Journal of Electronic Design Technology 2020,vol 11,issue 2
- Neeraj Kumar, Sumit Mishra, Ashutosh Dubey, Abhishek Dhiman, Tanmay Baweja “Wind Speed forecasting” Journal of Electronic Design Technology 2020,vol 11,issue 2
- Neeraj Kumar,Sonali Singh ,Soma Deb “Implementation of AI for Mitigating Commutation Failure In HVDC System” In Power Electronics Application to Power Systems(PEAPS)19-20th Nov 2011.
- Delivered a session in “Comprehensive Hands-on Skilling Program On Electrical and Electronics Engineering Laboratories” from 16th – 30th 2018 at Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Engineering, New Delhi.
Seminar/Conference/FDP/Workshop Attended: 21
- Participated in one week online Faculty Development Programme on “Power Quality and Reactive Power Management” from 06th -10th July 2020, Conducted by Delhi Technological University, Delhi
- Participated in one week online Workshop on “Practical Learning through Virtual Labs” from 20th – 24th July 2020, Conducted by Institute of Engineering and Technology Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University, Ayodhya Uttar Pradesh
- Paticipated in One Week online short term course on “Power system Restructuring and Renewable Energy Integration 2.O” from 13th -17th July 2020, Conducted by Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department, Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Engineering, New Delhi
- Participated in One week Faculty Development Programme on “Electric Vehicles: New Trends and Technologies” from 22nd – 26th June 2020, Conducted by ABES Engineering College, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- Participated in two week Faculty Development Programme on “Emerging Research trends in CS and IT” from 13th – 24th May 2019, Conducted by Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Computers Application and Management, Delhi.
- Attended one day IEEE Authorship Workshop – India on “How to publish a Technical paper with IEEE” conducted by Jawahar Lal University, Delhi on 13th September 2019
- Participated in the one week Short Term Course on “Electric Transportation” from 20th – 24th August 2018, conducted by Electrical Engineering Department, Delhi Technological University, Delhi
- Attended one week FDP on “Engineering Applications of Machine Learning” from 23rd – 27th July 2018, Conducted by Instrumentation and Control Engineering Department, Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Engineering, New Delhi.
- Attended one week Short Term Course on “Power System Restructuring and Renewable Energy Integration” from 16th – 20th July 2018 , conducted by Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department, Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Engineering, New Delhi
- Attended one day Workshop on “Patent Filing Procedure” jointly conducted by Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Intellectual Property Management (RGNIIPM), Nagpur and Delhi Technological University, Delhi on 28th May 2018
- Attended one week TEQIP –III Sponsored FDP on “Emerging Trends in Internet of Things (IOT) and Cyber Security applications in Smart Grid” from March 12 – 16, 2018 at Delhi Technological University, Delhi.
- Attended one week FDP on “MATLAB & LABVIEW with its Hardware Interface” through ICT conducted by Applied science department NITTTR Chandigarh from 29thJan – 2nd Feb 2018.
- Attended one week FDP on “Advances in soft computing Techniques for solving Engineering Applications” at Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology, Delhi from 17th to 21st July 2017.
- Attended one week FDP on “Optical fiber, potential and applications” through ICT conducted by Applied science department NITTTR Chandigarh from 18th– 22nd December 2017.
- Attended one week FDP on “Energy, Environment and Sustainable Development” through ICT conducted by Electrical Engineering Department NITTTR Chandigarh from 24th– 28th July 2017.
- Attended Training program on “Embedded Software Engineer Job Role” Organized by Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, BVCOE, New Delhi from May , 16- 21, 2016.
- Attended Faculty Development Program on “Envisioning Entrepreneurship and Novel research Methodology” held on 20th– 21st Sep 2013 at BVCOE, New Delhi.
- Attended one Week TEQIP sponsored Short Term Training Program on “Power Quality in Deregulated Power System with MATLAB Applications” from 15th – 19th July 2013 at NIT Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh.
- Attended and member of organizing committee of National conference on “Recent Trends in Energy System and Control” held during 15th -16th March 2013 at National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra.
- Participated in a Two-day ISTE Workshop on “Akash for Education” conducted by Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay on 10th-11th November 2012.
- Participated in Short Term Training Programme on “MATLAB Fundamentals & Applications” from 13th -15th July 2011 at Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida, U.P.
- Faculty In-charge of Alumni Cell.
- Coordinator of Purchase Committee.
- Lab In-charge of Analog Electronics-I & II Lab (C – 104)
- Class Advisor of Second Year EEE.
- In-charge of LCD Presentation for second year.