About the Lab:
In this lab, experiments have been designed to relate the theoretical concepts taught in the subject of Control Engineering with their practical implementation. The lab comprises of trainer kits on position control systems (A.C and D.C), D.C speed control system, PID controller, lead-lag compensators etc. The MATLAB software is installed in the PCs provided in the lab for all types of simulations in continuous and discrete domain. Also plots like root locus, Bode plot and Polar/Nyquist plots can easily be plotted using MATLAB which enable the students to compare their theoretical result with the simulated ones.
List of Experiments:
- Comparison of open loop & closed loop control in speed control of D.C. motor & to find the transfer function.
- To study the characteristics of positional error detector by angular displacement of two servo potentiometers
- excited with dc
- excited with ac
- To study synchro transmitter in terms of position v/s phase and voltage magnitude with respect to rotor voltage magnitude /phase.
- To study remote position indicator systems using synchro transmitter/receiver.
- To plot speed- torque curves for ac servomotor for different voltages.
- To study ac motor position control system & to plot the dynamic response & calculate peak time, settling time, peak overshoot, damping frequency, steady state error etc.
- To study the time response of simulated linear systems.
- To study the performance of PID Controller.
- Plot impulse response, unit step response, unit ramp response of any 2nd order transfer function on same graph using MATLAB.
- To draw the magnetization (Volt Amps) characteristics of the saturable core reactor used in the magnetic amplifier circuits.
- Plot root locus for any 2nd order system (with complex poles). For Mp=30%, find the value of K using MATLAB.
- To design lead-lag compensator for the given process using Bode plots in MATLAB.
NOTE:- At least 8 Experiments out of the list must be done in the semester.