Lab In-charge: Mr. Poras Khetarpal Paper Code: ETIC-358
Lab Assistant: Ms. Anuj Kumar
About the Lab:
In this lab, experiments have been designed to relate the theoretical concepts taught in the subject of Control Engineering with their practical implementation. The MATLAB software is installed in the PCs provided in the lab for all types of simulations in continuous and discrete domain. Also phase trajectory of a given non-linear system and various nonlinearities can easily be plotted using MATLAB which enable the students to compare their theoretical result with the simulated ones.
List of Experiments:
- Study of open loop and closed loop time/ frequency responses of first/second order LTI system
- Conversion of transfer functions to state model of LTI system and vice versa
- Determine State Space Model of a given system and determine its controllability and observability.
- Analysis of Zero order hold and first order hold circuits.
- Conversion of transfer functions to state model of discrete time system.
- To determine state transition matrix of a given system.
- Study of saturation and dead zone non-linearity using describing function technique of a relay control system.
- To draw phase trajectory of a given non-linear system.
- Experiments based on PLC applications e.g. Lift control models, pick and place module etc.
- Study of operation of a stepper motor interface with microprocessor.
NOTE:- At least 8 Experiments out of the list must be done in the semester.