Dr. Ruchi Sehgal
Designation: Assistant Professor
Office Phone: (011) 25258637, 25278443 Extn.: 301
- Ph.D. in Linguistics from University of Delhi, New Delhi in 2016.
- M. Phil. In Linguistics from University of Delhi, New Delhi in 2011
- M.A. in Linguistics from University of Delhi, New Delhi in 2009.
- B. El. Ed from University of Delhi, New Delhi in 2007.
Area of Specialization:
- Child Language
- Language Teaching
- Language Impairment in Child language and Adult language
- Language Intervention strategies
- Teaching: 3.5 Yrs.
- Industry: NIL
- Communication Skills
- English for Professionals
- Human Values and Ethics
- Hindi as Foreign Language
Papers Published: 10
- Sehgal, R. 2013. Action and object naming deficit in Progressive Supranuclear Palsy. Language and Information Society. Vol 20, 27-49. ISSN 1598-1886
- Sehgal, R. (2017), The Size and Composition of Productive Vocabulary: A Study of Hindi-Speaking Children. 23rd Himalayan Languages Symposium, Centre for Endangered Languages, Department of English and Foreign Languages, Tezpur University, Assam.
- Sehgal, R. (2017) Case and Postposition in Mild and Moderate MR- A Study of Hindi Speakers. 45th All India Conference of Dravidian Linguists & International Symposium on Case, Agreement and Postpositions, Centre for Advanced Studies in Linguistics, University of Delhi in collaboration with DLA, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Sehgal, R. (2017) Linguistic Analysis of Hindi: A study of learners of Hindi as Foreign Language. International Seminar on Linguistics and Teaching of Hindi and Other Indian Languages as Foreign Language, Centre for Advanced Studies in Linguistics, University of Delhi.
- Sehgal, R. (2016) Blackboard, the technology in education and its need in Indian classrooms. Emerging Trends in Education: New Paradigms. Department of Education, Shyama Prasad Mukherjee College, University of Delhi. (In Absentia)
- Sehgal, R. (2014) Some interesting differences and similarities between nouns and verbs. 11th International Conference of South Asian Languages and Literatures, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
- Sehgal, R. (2013) Are nouns and verbs stored in different parts of the brain?, Scandinavian Association for Language and Cognition (SALC)-IV, University of Eastern Finland, Joensuu.
- Sehgal, R. (2012) The effect of word frequency on the breakdown of action and object naming. 6th Student Conference of Linguistics in India (SCONLI), Department of Linguistics, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
- Sehgal, R. (2010) Action and Object naming in Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP), 9th International Conference on South Asian Languages (ICOSAL), Department of Linguistics and Punjabi Lexicography, Punjabi University, Patiala.
- Sehgal, R. (2010) r-pronunciation in Modern Indian English, 4th Student Conference of Linguistics in India (SCONLI), Department of Linguistics, University of Mumbai, Mumbai.
- FDP entitled “Language, Literature and Interpretation: Theory and Praxis ” organozed by Sri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Jammu form 28th May to 08th June 2018
Conducted a special lecture series as “External Resource Person” at Tezpur University, Tezpur, Assam for coaching program of CSIR, UGC-NET program from 21 November to 25 November 2016.
Books Publications: NIL
- Selected as Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) for Hindi 2015 -2016 by International Institute of Education, USA and United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF), India.
2. Cleared University Grant Commission –National Eligibility Test (Linguistics) for Lectureship with Junior Research Fellowship conducted in June 2009.
3. Selected and worked as University Teaching Assistant (UTA) for neurolinguistics, psycholinguistics and morphology (Masters) 2010 -2011 in Department of Linguistics, University of Delhi,
4. Cleared AIELTA (All India English Language Testing Authority) English Proficiency Test with A in writing and B in reading, vocabulary, grammar.