Digital Communication LAB
Digital Communication Lab (DC Lab) deals with the implementation and simulation based demonstration of the signal digitization of the analog signals, their modulation using various band-pass techniques, their respective demodulation and their reconstruction into analog form. We further extend this practical knowledge with an end to end design problem at the end of the semester to emphasize the understanding of an end to end pipeline from data source (analog input) to user (analog output).
Objective of the Laboratory
The objective of the laboratory is to enable the students-
- To learn via simulation the mathematical approach of implementation of the concepts studied in the subject theory.
- To introduce the students to MATLAB as a DC algorithm implementation tool and demonstrate the power of the system with the inbuilt function usage and hands-on algorithm development
- To critically analyze the limitations of the simulation platforms and understand the gaps between the theory, the simulation and the practical
- To demonstrate the modeling steps of all digital communication systems using trainer kits
Courses to cater
- ETEC 356 Digital Signal Processing Lab
- Software – MATLAB
- Hardware – Scientech Trainer kits ST2151, ST2152, ST2153, ST2154, ST2155, ST2156, ST2157 and ST2113
Current Research Projects
- Faculty Coordinator: Mr. Abhishek Gagneja
- Other Faculty Users: Ms. Monica Bhutani, Mr. Srinivasulu Dakala, Mr. Sourabh Rana
- Lab Technician: Ms. Deepa Bhatia