Digital Communication Lab (DC Lab) deals with the implementation and simulation-based demonstration of the signal digitization of the analog signals, their modulation using various band-pass techniques, their respective demodulation and their reconstruction into analog form. We further extend this practical knowledge with an end-to-end design problem at the end of the semester to emphasize the understanding of an end-to-end pipeline from data source (analog input) to user (analog output).
Objective of the Laboratory
The objective of the laboratory is to enable the students-
- To learn via simulation the mathematical approach of implementation of the concepts studied in the subject theory.
- To introduce the students to MATLAB as a DC algorithm implementation tool and demonstrate the power of the system with the inbuilt function usage and hands-on algorithm development
- To critically analyse the limitations of the simulation platforms and understand the gaps between the theory, the simulation and the practical
- To demonstrate the modelling steps of all digital communication systems using trainer kits
- Software – MATLAB
- Hardware – SCEINTECH Trainer kits ST2151, ST2152, ST2153, ST2154, ST2155, ST2156, ST2157 and ST2113
- Faculty Coordinator: Mr. Abhishek Gagneja
- Other Faculty Users: Mr. Sourabh Rana, Ms Mihika
- Lab Technician: Ms. Deepa Bhatia