The Mobile Computing Laboratory is used by our final year undergraduate students. It falls under the title of practical based on elective subject. The experiments are designed to make the students understand the concepts of mobile computing. This laboratory provides students an opportunity to design and analyse Mobile Adhoc networks in various scenarios using Qualnet V 5.0 software. This Qualnet software provides a comprehensive environment for designing protocols, creating and animating networks to improve their design, operation and management scenarios, and analyzing their performance. This software is used for modeling the large wired and wireless networks. It enables the student to create webpages for wireless devices with small screens. The experiments designed in this Laboratory cover the understanding of basic concepts of Wireless communication and Mobile computing areas.
Objective of the Laboratory
- To understand the basic concepts of Wireless Communication networks and Mobile Computing.
- To design and analyze Mobile Adhoc networks and Wireless Sensor Networks
- To guide students to create web pages for mobile devices using the wireless markup language.
- To provide the state-of-art simulation software and hardware for the design of wireless sensor networks and wireless communication networks and study the performance of these networks in various scenarios.
Simulation Facilities: QualNet version 5.0
- Faculty Coordinator: Dr Ruchi Sharma
- Lab Technician: Mr. Manish